trailer positioning system
low cost, effective optimisation for vessel load and discharge
Various studies and reports have concluded that the greatest potential for improving container crane performance lies in reducing the time it takes in container positioning. In fact some have concluded that as much as half of a crane's cycle time is spent, or wasted, on load positioning.
Well known features such as high hoist and trolley speeds, and anti-
Our Trailer Positioning System is a simple, rapid and effective method of positioning single and multiple trailers for truck and crane transactions.
- Proven in the working terminal environment
- Positions the truck at the right place at the right time, before the spreader arrives
- Prevents wasted time shuffling the truck whilst the crane operator waits for the correct trailer alignment
- Provides a simple to use and inexpensive solution to the problem of container and trailer positioning
- Powers on automatically, no intervention from the crane or truck driver is required
Instructions to the truck driver are via LED matrix signals - stop, forward or reverse.
As a truck approaches, the system will detect whether the trailer is loaded or unloaded:
- Loaded trailer: the system will determine the profile of the load (20’, 2 x 20', 40’ or 45’) and provide the indications to suit the load detected on the trailer
- Empty trailer: the system will show the same indications for the front or rear trailer positions for a 20’ single container, or a centered location for 2 x 20’, 40’ or 45’ containers
As the truck approaches the stop position, the amber signal is used to indicate he should slow down and continue forward, and as he reaches the stop position the signal will change to red. If the truck position overshoots then an amber signal indicates that the truck should reverse to the stop position.
All very simple, no special training is required!
- Configured for 20', 2 x 20', 40' and 45' containers
- Compact, rugged industry proven technology
- Simple cost effective installation, ideal for upgrading existing equipment
- Excellent return on investment
- Increased efficiency of load and discharge
- Reduced accident damage
- Reduced driver fatigue